Victims and Offenders
This module will enable a judge to:
- Understand that victims do not fit any particular profile.
- Address the myth that intimate partner rape is less harmful than stranger rape.
- Understand why intimate partner sexual abuse is severely traumatic to victims, sometimes physically and nearly always psychologically.
- Understand that offenders do not fit any particular profile.
- Recognize the patterns of belief and conduct that drive offenders to sexually assault their partners.
- Understand the typologies of marital rape and the continuum of psychological, physical and sexual abuse.
- Differentiate between sex that is freely consented to and acquiescence from fear to avoid escalating violence.